Swiftie

I may have never heard a Taylor Swift song.

Perhaps I’ve heard one, by accident, somewhere along the way, but I certainly couldn’t name one.

(They don’t play her on E-Street radio and most of the songs I listen to were written prior to 1980).

People seem to like her though, huh?

I read a recap of the last concert at the huge stadium in Los Angeles.

Evidently she played to a packed house - 70,000 people - 6 nights in a row.

It appears that she played something like 45 songs!

The crowd was in a frenzy for the entire show and there was a standing ovation that went on for like ten minutes.

The fans of her are called Swiftie’s.

There are millions upon millions of them and it’s perfectly clear that the demand to see her live show is insane.

I recall trying to get Springsteen seats back in the 80’s. The phone system in the Northeast went haywire. Tickets were gone instantly.

Same thing has happened to Taylor Swift fans.

There are kids on social media - weeping - because they got shut out. Ticketmaster blew it again.

And when I saw those crying young girls I had one thought:

“Thank God I had boys.”

Now, part of me is a little embarrassed that I haven’t ever heard a Swift song. 

My wife has sung her praises.

My boys say:

“She has some good songs.”

For a long while, Matt listed her as his number one most beautiful women in the world.

Some of the songs are said to be autobiographical about poor Taylor who has struggled to find everlasting love.

In thinking about how popular she was I read a fan article who spoke about how Taylor’s last beau wasn’t right for her.

Her fans believe that they know her.

They feel that she writes songs just for them.

And that she loves each and everyone of them.

And I’m certain that she does love them…

…because she has definitely put her heart and soul into her performance.

Would I like any of her songs?

Can anyone recommend any?

Who knows?

Maybe someday I’ll be a Swiftie…

…there has to be something to her popularity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie