Pee-Wee

The actor who played Pee-Wee Herman, Paul Reubens, passed away on Monday.

For those of us who came of age in the 1980’s, Reubens was the icon known as Pee-Wee.

“I know you are but what am I?”

I’ve said that a lot of times through the years.

Then there was the Pee-Wee dance, the secret word of the day, and of course, Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure - which I watched a few times.

He was funny!

And then there was the unfortunate movie theater incident where Reubens was busted for entertaining himself during an adult movie.

Back then, such an arrest was frowned upon.

Reubens was pretty much out of the spotlight for the past couple of decades, but clips of his old show, and the movie were being played on Twitter yesterday (I ain’t ever calling it ‘X’ - that’s dopey).

I watched some of the clips.

Pee-Wee was a great comedian - his show was loved by kids and I can certainly testify that drunk college students watched it too.

Another childhood icon…

…passes on.

Rest in Peace, Pee-Wee.

Now you really might be able to fly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie