Best Laid Plans

We avoided Covid - as far as we knew - for 3.5 years.

Jake - who has his own place - tested positive a couple of weeks ago. Kathy took him to the doctors and brought him some food.

Then last Saturday, I was suddenly sick - I slept for a while during the day on Saturday and announced that I was done being sick. I didn’t bother with a test.

(I wasn’t completely done with symptoms, but I battled through a round of golf and a couple of busy work days).

And then Kathy got sick.

Tested positive.

This is where my plans for the day went out the window. I was set to take a day and play golf with a couple of buddies near Syracuse.

Yesterday morning I loaded the clubs into my car and headed back into the house to grab my coffee.

Kathy was up and hacking.

“How you feeling?” I asked.

“Horrendous.”

The boys aren’t here. Ollie and Miller are.

“Should I stay home?” I asked.

“I can call 9-1-1 if I have to,” she said.

Yeah.

I unloaded the clubs.

Took Ollie into the backyard and we played catch in the rain.

Ironically we watched season two of ‘The Morning Show’ and they centered on Covid and how crazy that first month of Covid was.

And now, they’re saying that people should be thinking about masking up again.

Plans.

Sometimes they fall by the way side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie