Moron Classic


Johnny has been in town for a visit for the last ten days or so. 

I had to yell at the two knuckleheads shown in the above photo - about halfway through the visit - and so they decided to make it up to me by treating me to a ringside seat for their golf talents.

We decided it would be Friday afternoon after a day of work - and it was a rough go for me because I woke up feeling lousy.

But it’s golf.

I would give it a go.

Thankfully, Scott was able to play 9 so there was some semblance to a real round for a little while…

…but the boys were swinging wildly and often.

“I’m gonna’ rip this one,” Johnny said, as he lined up his tee shot on 5. He took a practice swing and yelled, “That’s good.” 

Took another practice swing and yelled, “That’s perfect.”

Then he swung.

The ball went about 14 feet.

We all laughed - including two guys who were driving by.

On the 8th hole it takes a tee shot of at least 150 yards to get through the wooded area in front of the fairway.

I wasn’t hopeful that either John or Sam could get it to the other side.

I ripped my drive down the middle and said:

“That’s how it’s done.”

Sam went next and I almost fell over when his tee shot sailed over the wooded area and nestled up close to mine.

“Are you kidding me?”

“Welp. That’s the furthest I’ve ever hit a golf ball.”

A little while later, he hit another one.

Johnny?

“Please don’t crush me in the blog,” he said.

But dear nephew, I have to.

“I didn’t have my clubs,” he said. “I would’ve shot a 75 with my clubs, easy.”

He doesn’t lack for confidence!

We played a long, tiring round and by the end, everything was freaking aching!

“I won, by the way,” Johnny said. “I got 2 strokes a hole. You only beat me by 34.”

They’re unbelievable.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie