Old Pair of Shoes


What a glorious day for an outing with old friends.

There’s a lot of years of friendship in that photo, and we had a lot of fun just hanging out for the afternoon.

I rode with my old golf partner, Jeff, and two holes in I mentioned that it was like putting on an old pair of comfortable shoes.

We busted chops a little.

I hit the first ball down the middle and then announced that they could save a lot of time by not asking me where my tee shot went.

“They go straight and far down the middle,” I said.

And when one does that, one has to hit them straight and down the middle, and thankfully I did it a lot.

But the amazing hole was when we got to a short par 4 that was just 280. 

I wanted to drive that green, but I started my drive left and unfortunately there was a tree there.

I had to hit my second shot from 180 yards away and I landed it on the green - even with the hole.

“You see where that landed?” I asked Jeff.

He answered with a question of his own.

“You see where my drive is?”

He was just 8’ away.

“You’re going to Eagle it!” I said.

“I’ve never made one before,” Jeff said. 

He can’t say that again! 

He sank the putt.

We touched on glory days, but mostly spoke about what ails us and the future.

The sun was shining.

The back aches a little after 36 holes…

…but it was worth every twinge.

Just putting on that old pair of shoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie