A Sad Story

Wander Franco is a very good baseball player.

Up until Tuesday night he was the starting shortstop on the Tampa Rays.

I don’t like the Tampa Rays because they’re in the Yankees division, but I had a whole lot of chances to watch Wander Franco play baseball.

A very good player.

If the allegations are true in that he had a relationship with a 14-year old girl…

…he’s done playing baseball.

Because, a relationship isn’t possible.

As a 22-year old man…

…he was raping her.

She’s a child.

The Rays immediately sent him away from the team.

MLB hasn’t said anything yet, but more information has been found.

Allegedly there was another young victim.

We’ve seen this before.

O.J.

Aaron Hernandez.

Oscar Pistorius.

Trevor Bauer.

All the steroid cheats.

We see the athletes on the field and we like to think:

“He’s a good guy.”

Turns out - some of them aren’t good guys - allegedly. They do stupid, selfish, criminal things.

Despicable things.

My son first sent me the text about Franco, and I felt a pang of sadness.

It was fun to watch him hit and field a baseball…

…but if what he did is in fact true…

…I can live without seeing him on the field.

He belongs in a prison cell.

That’s a shame.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie