Baseball Banter

A lot of the guys on the construction sites are well aware that I’m a Yankees fan.

Not sure how they figured it out!

And there’s a lot of back and forth that goes on.

The Yankees have struggled this year but will more likely than not have a winning record for the 31st straight year.

I ran into a young Yankees fan today and he reminded me that:

“They’ve been good every year that I’ve been alive!”

So, while I’m disappointed in how they’ve played this year, there’s not a whole lot of sadness.

I went to a site that has a Red Sux fan as the superintendent.

“Hey, last place,” I said, when I saw him.

“The Yankees are a half game ahead,” he said, laughing.

“Right now, you’re a fan of a last place team. That’s embarrassing!”

And the problem isn’t so much in the players on the team.

It’s on the training staff!

Nestor missed two months. He claimed to have not felt pain any day during those two months.

Rodon grimaced the other day. After the game he said:

“I’m fine.”

The next day he was placed on the injured list for two weeks.

He spoke about how he wanted to pitch through it.

Judge missed two months with a sore toe!

Players rest at least twice a week.

If you sneeze around a training staff member, you’re going for an MRI.

Anywhoha….

…when I was a younger man, it REALLY mattered!

I’d stay up late and watch all the games.

Now I’m shutting them down in the 3rd inning!

And of course, I’ll always be a Yankees fan.

It’s the only sports team I actually care about.

“No World Series for you this year!” My Red Sox buddy said.

“That’s all right. I have a room filled with plaques and a great memory and they’ll play again next year.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie