Smokey!

Weather reports mentioned 75 and sunny for Wednesday.

The temperature seemed to get there, but there was zero sunshine as the crazy wild fires in Canada have turned the entire country into a bit of a smoke pit.

A deep breath in the morning made me cough and sputter a little, and I considered people who really get messed up in such a situation.

Of course, a lot of people out there reminded me that as a safety guy I am duty-bound to call their boss and send them home for the day.

With pay.

“You’ll just get a 12-pack and play ‘Call of Duty’ all day,” I told one kid.

“And that’s bad, why?” The kid asked.

“Think of the satisfaction you’re getting out of putting in a good day of work,” I said.

That brought laughter.

But they truly wanted to know if the Smokey situation was compromising their health.

“How the hell do I know?” I asked.

“You’re a safety guy!”

Then I had a great idea.

“You should all call OSHA and ask them,” I said.

“Will they send us home?”

“I have no idea,” I said, “But maybe it’ll keep them out of my hair for the day.”

“What hair?” The kid said.

And that’s how the day went.

Consider how bad the air is within a few hundred miles of the fire sites.

Now those people should be camped at home with the beer and the video game.

Hopefully this isn’t all about climate change and that it doesn’t become a regular state of affairs.

I truly don’t know enough about it…

…if you have any more questions just call OSHA.

Ask for Mike or Mindar.

Tell them Cliff sent you.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie