Have A Nice Trip…

…See you next fall.

President Biden took a spill yesterday after handing out awards or diplomas or some such thing.

He took a couple of steps and went ass over tea kettle when he tripped on a sandbag.

Opponents of the President began screaming about elderly abuse and how he was unfit.

(Have they seen the front runner for the other party?)

This isn’t political though…

…it’s about hitting the deck.

Which is no longer advisable once you reach a certain age.

Was about ten years ago as Sam and I headed into a Sporting Goods store.

I was looking at my phone…never saw the curb…I went down hard and Sam missed it as he was ahead of me, but when he turned to see me laying there, a total stranger offering to help me up, he laughed uproariously.

He still talks about it.

About five years before that, Matt and I were talking about foot speed as we exited the church.

“First one to touch the dumpster wins.”

Unfortunately, I was well in the lead when another curb happened about 3’ from the dumpster.

I went face down on concrete and screamed the mother of all curse words as the congregation gathered just outside the church doors.

As I laid there, moaning, and checking the bruises, Matt walked by me and placed one finger on the dumpster.

“I won,” he said.

That race is also still wildly discussed from time to time.

The moral of the story is that we always hit the deck from time to time, and it’s never good if it happens on camera in front of the free world.

One thing is for certain.

Joe is going to be sore tomorrow.

Hopefully, he’s okay.

Falling isn’t fun.

Getting up is the key.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie