A Tad Hazy

By the end of the day, I smelled like a campfire.

I must admit that when it looked hazy on Tuesday morning someone mentioned that it was because of wild fires near Quebec and I was skeptical.

‘That’s a long ways away,’ I reasoned.

Of course I didn’t know that there were 8 million acres burning.

That’s about as much land as the area between Detroit and Seattle.

So, we got smoke.

So much so that Ollie’s games were canceled after one round.

And as happens during all of these once in a lifetime events that we seem to have every three months now, the conversation centered around climate control.

Dry brush lighting because of abundant lightning strikes appears to be the cause.

The ‘No such thing as climate change’ people were out in full force, battling the ‘planet is going to explode any day now’ people on social media where constant arguing solves exactly zero problems, and never will.

As a safety guy I fielded a bunch of questions about it.

“Can we go home?” One guy asked me.

“How the hell do I know?” I answered.

“Is it safe?”

“Probably not.”

“What does OSHA say about it?”

“Wear a mask,” I said.

“Here we go again! Forcing us to wear masks.”

I walked away.

“Do what you want to do,” I said.

The haze should eventually clear here - they’re saying we should be home free by the end of the weekend until then I guess we’ll all walk around craving S’mores.

Devastating stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie