How’d You Sleep?

It drives me crazy when it’s happening, but it seems that every three months or so I go through a stretch where I wake up halfway through the night.

It’s funny, but every time someone wakes up in a movie the line is:

“It’s three o’clock in the morning!”

That was pretty much exactly when I was wide awake, every night, for nine nights straight.

No reason!

And I settled into a bit of a routine.

I was up for about an hour, and then I’d drift back to sleep  only to get up for work around six.

Wearing me out!

Broken sleep is rough, and I tried a few things - massage gun, stayed up a little later, put the phone down before sleep…

…nothing was working.

And then, on Tuesday night, I went to sleep around 10:30 and slept straight on through to 5:30.

Felt great!

Kathy texted me around 8:30.

“Did you sleep through the night?”

(As if I was a toddler).

“Yes!”

And just like that…

…it’s over.

Spoke to a couple of guys on the sites.

“Happens to me too.”

“I woke up at 1:30,” one guy said. “We’re old now. It happens.”

And in the working world the sleep habits of construction guys is funny.

“I usually go to bed around 8:30,” is a common theme. “Wake up early every damn day.”

Anywhoha….

…back to normal it seems.

Getting old ain’t for the weak.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie