A Good Kind of Tired

David Letterman used to do a bit in his monologue where he spoke of being tired, but he sold it as a:

“It’s a good kind of tired.”

He’d said it so often that it ended up being funny the more you watched.

I exceeded my ‘move’ expectations for a 3rd straight day and while my dogs were barking a little, it wasn’t lost on me that summer is amazing here in Western New York.

There were two great rounds of golf - I started Sunday with pars on four out of the first five holes.

Ollie caught 240 baseball passes and 125 football passes.

He walked the ball back to me towards the end of the final session.

Half hour later, he wanted to play again.

A good kind of tired…

…and for one of the first times in a while…

…I just went with it.

Relaxed!

Ignored political talk, didn’t read about any shootings, or blue-red fights.

And the weather seems iffy as the week begins. A rain day might allow for a bit of a pause, but construction is in full swing…

…so there are ladders to climb.

There are more games to be played and the thought of shoveling snow is way, way, way off in the distance.

And I went to bed last night…

…good and tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie