Smartless & Chippy & Fun

We stumbled upon a show called ‘Smartless’ featuring Jason Bateman and Will Arnett and Sean Hayes.

Bateman is one of our favorites so when we saw it…we instantly started watching, and immediately loved the banter between the characters as they hit the road to promote their podcast.

It’s great fun! 

I smiled through every episode, and thought of the wonderful back and forth that I’ve had with great buddies through the years.

Busting balls is the best when no one gets offended. It’s one of my favorite things ever and coincidentally I had such a day with my Syracuse pals as we hit the golf course.

We laughed a lot, but then on the 18th hole, I went to my bag to grab Chippy for a close shot.

“Chippy is missing!” I yelled.

Everyone who has ever golfed with me knows that Chippy has been in my bag since I was about 14 years old (my cousin Paul gifted me Chippy and I’ve sunk some shots from off the green because of Chippy’s dominance).

“We have to go back!” I yelled.

We hurriedly finished the hole and I headed back to 17, and I saw one of my good pals in that 4-some. He smiled at me, and I KNEW he found Chippy.

I didn’t say a word - I just went to his bag and grabbed Chippy and then drove away as though I were still looking for him.

Twenty minutes later we were all at the bar. My buddy walked in and yelled:

“I’d like to offer up Chippy for a ransom!”

I was ready for him.

I pulled Chippy out and showed it to him.

“How? What?” 

He was flabbergasted!

“I can’t even express how happy I was when I saw that stupid club on the green. I knew instantly that it was stupid Chippy. I was going to sell it to you for $100.”

We compared scores, made fun of each other’s hair and waistlines and how much we ate.

I thought of ‘Smartless’ and how entertaining it has always been to make fun of one another in a friendly way.

Of course, we also discussed the fact that some of the insults we were trading would be frowned upon in a professional environment.

“You’re hurting my feelings,” I said, at one point.

“Effffffff your feelings!” Three guys said at once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie