“They Think They’re on T.V.”

Sunday mornings are for peace and quiet reflection of the Lord’s gifts.

I used to spend that time in church, but lost a lot of my interest in that due to what the church allowed to happen for a whole lot of years.

But that’s not to say that I no longer pray or believe in paying homage.

I do it out in nature with a long walk that is interrupted by 87-95 swings of a club.

3 or 4 times a round I will stop and look up, and say ‘Hello’ to lost loved ones.

I try not to swear too much when I’m on my relaxing nature walk, and I’m usually with a good buddy or three.

This week, there were just two of us, and we weren’t at our usual course, but the place wasn’t overly crowded.

We waited on the first tee until the 4-guys in front of us were on the green so that we didn’t have to wait for them before we took every shot.

Turns out we had to wait on them before we took every shot because they were lining up putts like they were playing in a major.

“They think they’re on T.V.,” Pops said.

They’d drop to a squat position on the green as if they knew what the hell they were looking at.

On the tee box they took a half dozen practice swings before topping their 120-yard drives.

And talk!

They must not have seen one another for years!

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.

They had 4.

We had 2.

The courteous thing to do would’ve been for them to let us pass.

They offered on the 18th hole.

“All good,” I said.

And that’s not to say that we didn’t enjoy our trip around.

There were some pars…

…a few horrible swings…

…and a lot of sun.

And a couple of tips of the cap to our Dads and my bro.

Still better than watching the snow fly during the winter months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie