Price Gouging

This is not inflation.

Gas prices are not through the roof because of inflation.

Neither are groceries.

Or coffee!

I stopped at a restaurant stop on my never ending trip between Buffalo and Syracuse.

There was a huge line at the only open place - Tim Horton’s.

I don’t need to go to ‘Timmy’s’ for coffee. In fact, given a choice, I’d pour my own at 7/11.

There were two young people working to serve the 7 people in line. 

So, high prices are not through the roof because they’re paying higher wages to employees because they CUT the number of employees!

It was finally my turn.

“Medium black coffee,” I said.

“Four dollars and twenty-eight cents. Would you like to round up for the Ronald McDonald House?”

“Are you freaking kidding me?” I asked. “Pay $5 for 12 ounces of coffee?”

He looked at me.

“I bought a huge container of Maxwell House for $8,” I said. “How the hell do you charge more than $4 a cup?”

The kid shrugged.

Price gouging!

Go to any fast food joint.

Ain’t no dollar menus anymore!

And of course, fuel prices.

A barrel of oil costs less than it did when prices were around $3.30 a gallon.

Now it’s almost $5 a gallon!

And they’re all making record profits and buying back their own stock.

What can be done?

A resolution was brought to the halls of Congress to stop the price gouging.

One party voted against stopping the price gouging!!

Why??

Health care?

We have insurance but we pay most everything out of pocket.

Get a script?

Prepare to get your eyeballs sucked out of your head.

And so many are getting rich off the unbelievable high prices.

I drank the coffee real slow.

For $4 it should’ve come with a couple of sausage and egg sandwiches.

I didn’t round up for Ronald McDonald House.

Let Timmy donate some of those profits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie