Roe v Wade

It shouldn’t have been a surprise.

I knew they were lying during their confirmation hearings.

Shouldn’t it be frowned upon to lie under oath?

And it’s not that people are FOR abortions, but pro-choice is certainly something that all Americans have as a right.

There’s been separation of church and state.

It’s a basic tenet of the constitution…

…until yesterday.

I’m not a woman.

I have zero idea how they feel about being judged as second class citizens.

That’s what it feels like to me.

And here’s the sad thing:

Abortion didn’t end yesterday.

Safe abortions did for a whole lot of people.

The rich will still be able to get safe abortions for their mistresses.

The poor and the marginalized will be forced to carry children to full term, no matter if they are raped or trapped by incest.

And once the baby is born…

…no one wants to hear anything about assisting a mother who can’t afford to raise the child.

But make no mistake…

…it’s about control.

I’m a Catholic and I spent years reading from the Bible. I know what the religion taught me.

I’ve personally tried my best to live a life that is one of what Jesus preached about.

I don’t recognize any of His teachings in any of what the Evangelical right is spewing.

How does a group of people always screaming about personal rights justify taking rights away?

It’s all so unsettled:

“Scary time to be alive,” my 25-year old son texted me. “States can’t dictate rights on guns but they have to do it on abortion? Does that make sense?”

No.

No, it doesn’t.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

But that’s okay, right?

Lie to get confirmed?

Deceive to repeal a settled law?

The Supreme Court isn’t what it used to be.

My, my, my these are lawless times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie