Happy Birthday, Brother

What a party there would be today…

…my brother Jeff’s birthday is June 22nd.

I often think about the laughs that we’ve missed out on and despite the fact that we continue to say a lot of his punch lines…

…it’s not the same.

Yet, the thing about losing all wine you love is that they can still walk beside you as you move through the dark days that life offers up.

My nephew Johnny is always in my ear.

If the Yankees are on…

…he’s texting.

About every move, with the same sense of humor, and all the trash talking he can muster.

Last night he explained to me that he was a better golfer than me even though he’s just picked up the sport.

He offered to teach me a few things when he sees me this summer.

And in some ways, the conversation that I started with Jeff is continuing at least a little!

And the days go by and turn into weeks, months and years, and it’s hard to quantify all that’s been missed.

No sadness today!

There was never sadness on Jeff’s birthday!

We’d laugh…

…have a few beers…

…and just live life.

Happy Birthday, brother!

Miss you every day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie