Jake is 25!

 Happy Birthday to my son, Jake.

It’s pretty absurd that he’s 25 already…

…blink of an eye and all that.

I distinctly recall that first moment of his life when the doc asked if I wanted to cut the cord.

I didn’t answer the guy right away.

“He’s perfect,” I said.

And I kept thinking:

“Living proof.”

Then I told the doc to cut it himself because I wasn’t very handy at anything!

And then I walked outside the hospital and was moving around, wanting to tell everyone who passed by that I just witnessed an absolute miracle.

And I had, of course.

I also bought myself a lot of days of constant worry and pure joy.

Jake has turned into a fine young man.

He goes to work. Is on the right side of all the issues and has a big heart.

I made him steak and shrimp yesterday - two of his favorites and there’s more planned for today.

He also provided me with one more conduit of stress and worry:

He brought Oliver into my life.

Now there’s a pain in the ass!

Happy Birthday to Jake.

I was Counting On A Miracle.

You gave me a few!

Love you, buddy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie