Bail Was Set at $130

So, Oliver spent a night in doggie jail, and it wasn’t a popular event around here.

First off, the dog is like Houdini.

I have the entirety of my fence lined with bricks because he kept getting under the damn thing.

Walked the perimeter of Sunday, with Oliver beside me, nipping at my heels.

“You ain’t getting out now, you bastard.”

Sounded like he said, ‘Wanna’ bet?’

Regardless, on Monday, Jake’s birthday, Ollie planned his escape.

I was playing at a work golf event (I HAD to play - it was work) and since I’m the guy who usually keeps an eye on him when he’s out…

…well…

…he dug underneath the bricks.

A Shawshank deal - must’ve taken him an hour - and out he went!

The neighbor kids love him, but they couldn’t catch him. He meandered up the road, yelling, “Ollie! Ollie!!”

Then they knocked on our door and screamed:

“Oliver is out!”

(I still wasn’t home - and the boys didn’t react fast enough because a mean bastard of a neighbor immediately called the dog warden).

Yeah.

The neighbor kids were yelling, “That’s Oliver!”

But alas…

…off to the pound!

They took him to the vets - which conveniently closed.

“You can retrieve him tomorrow for $130.”

So, Ollie was arraigned and released on Tuesday.

I went back to the yard to reset the bricks.

Damn dog is too much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie