Healthcare Woes

I pay a lot of money for health insurance.

Seems like every single visit comes with a gentle reminder that payment - less the minuscule amount that insurance covers - is due immediately.

What a scam.

All of it.

I’ve had blood work drawn three times in the last couple of months.

It’s kind of fun to see where everything lines up and if you call into the normal categories.

I had a blood test that showed way high glucose levels.

Two months later I have the sugar levels back in the normal range.

Not saying it’s been fun!

No what else is crazy?

Mentioning the birth year to a nurse who looks at you like you’re ancient when you mention that you were born in ‘64.

“Long time ago,” I said.

The girl laughed.

“Were you around for 9/11?” I asked.

“I was born 2 weeks after it happened,” she said.

“Damn!”

“I read about it!” She said.

Imagine that!

I was going to tell her all about all the things she’s missed, but I didn’t need her to tell me that she’d make it all up on the back end.

“It goes fast,” I said.

“That’s what my grandpa says,” she answered.

Yeah.

Old enough to be her grandpa.

Hope there’s such a thing as healthcare when she makes it to her 58th year.

It’s not looking all that promising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie