Tragic

The Alec Baldwin story is horrific.

He was handed a gun that was supposedly clean. He fired it and killed a woman and wounded another man.

Just a tragedy that shouldn’t have ever happened. They have departments of people who are responsible for safety.

I’m not a person who puts much stock in the word, ‘accident’. Most of the scenarios that people refer to as accidents are actually tragic mishaps of responsibility.

I see it a lot when I have to review an ‘accident’.

Most of the time I’m left thinking:

“This shouldn’t have happened.”

Alec Baldwin killing someone on a movie set is something that shouldn’t have happened.

And it has happened before!

Will OSHA investigate?

The one thing I do know is that Baldwin’s life has changed forever. I have had to interview people who have watched it happen. Many felt as if they were responsible.

The heartbreak is horrible.

As I read the story, I went to the comment. Baldwin is not well-liked in some circles because he did the Trump impression on SNL.

It’s amazing to me that people can shift their positions on an issue when it suits their narrative.

For instance, Congress, this week was debating whether or not a congressional subpoena should be ignored.

I always laugh when a guy makes an argument that was 180 degrees of what they thought when it was their own party member on the hook.

Doesn’t anyone stand on principle?

Ever?

Baldwin shouldn’t be charged with manslaughter. His job was to fire the gun as an actor in a movie.

Someone handed him the gun and announced that it was ‘clean.’

Certainly someone didn’t do their job, and tragically it cost a life.

Not an accident.

A tragedy.

If you don’t feel for all involved then you’re trying to fit the narrative to your agenda.

That’s sad too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie