🐈‍⬛ Black Cat 🐈‍⬛

I wouldn’t say that I’m superstitious.

I’m just a little stitious.

But honestly I do have a lucky number - 23 - and I certainly have had favorite shorts or lucky shorts throughout my life.

Back a long time ago while playing high school basketball we had a little blue man that sat on the bench next to the coach as we went on a five-game win streak.

Late in the 6th game Coach was heated because of a bad call and though we were only down by one, he looked at me for some sort of reassurance. I pointed to the little blue man, and he slapped it from the bench and across the court.

We lost the game and even though I looked, we never found the blue man.

I must admit, I still lean on some things for help. As the Yankees have battled to make the playoffs I’ve been fond of calling Miller over when I need some luck.

It’s worked like a charm.

On Thursday the Yankees were down 2-1 and they’d only had a single hit into the 6th inning.

“MILLER!” I called out.

“Why are you calling him?” Kathy asked.

“Yankees need some hits.”

“You’re dumb,” Kathy said.

Miller nestled close.

Rizzo hit the next pitch for a homer to tie it. Judge followed with a bomb.

💣 

The Yankees had the lead, but by just a single run. Miller tried to escape.

I held him there.

“We need more!”

Miller stayed.

Stanton walked and then Gleyber homered.

Miller left.

But his stats for the night?

3 for 3 with 3 homers and a walk.

And the freaking Orioles took 2 of 3 from the Sux!

Maybe I am SUPERstitious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie