Fresh Faces

I attended a whole lot of weddings when I was in my 20’s.

Most of my friends got married in that decade and I actually served as a best man an ungodly 8 times!

A few of those guys are still happily married. A few aren’t.

I think of that a lot at every wedding I attend.

“Will they ever look so happy again - the handsome groom and his bride, as they step into that long black limousine for their mystery ride?” - Bruce

No one enters into a marriage believing that it won’t work, do they???

Back to the wedding!

I attended a great wedding at a beautiful venue in Buffalo - Forbes Theater - a great setup, open bar, wonderful filet and some terrific desserts.

An open bar in my 20’s and an open bar in my late 50’s are two different things.

I had a single drink (I have about 10 a year these days).

It made me dizzy.

I looked around at the beautiful people gathered. The Mom and Dad of the groom looked great. The mother of the bride made a wonderful toast…

…and the 20-somethings carried the room. As they should.

They all looked so young and fresh and they were standing upright and strong.

It all flies by.

Time waits for no one.

My back ached after a few hours.

I chatted with friends that I’ve known for 50 years. We discussed our pains.

“I can’t stay up past 9:30 most nights,” one buddy said.

We laughed at that.

The youngsters were ripping up the dance floor.

“Dance with my wife,” the father of the groom said.

“I don’t dance.”

But then I did, and we laughed a little more about the fresh faces spinning in circles around us.

“So tired,” my beautiful dance partner said.

“We had our fun,” I replied.

And we are still out there, celebrating, and living it up.

Just a tad slower…

…and a little more tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie