Post-Mortem

The Yankees 2021 season was my least favorite of all the seasons since, maybe, 1991.

They were hard to watch for the following reasons:

1). Swing and miss - My God! You don’t need to swing from the heels every time. A runner on third and less than 2 outs?

Shorten up the swing! Get the runner in!!

2). Grounded into double plays - this is the one thing that may have singularly killed the team. They led the league in the category and it drove me absolutely insane.

3). Boone - I kind of like the guy as a human. He hit the huge homer in ‘03. He stands up for his players…but man! His pitching decisions made me sick. He would yank a pitcher after 9 pitches because his pre-game plan was one inning for each guy. Then the second guy would get rocked.

“Why didn’t you leave Green in?????” I would scream.

4). The sport itself

When are the wizards in charge of MLB going to implement the following changes?

A). Limit the number of pitchers a team can carry! 13 pitchers on every staff means a starter is only going 3,4 or 5 innings. Then we get treated to 3, 4 or 5 relievers every night…all throwing 100 mph…all striking out everyone!

B). Limit the shift!

The next time I see the 3rd baseman catch a ball near the right field foul pole, I’m going to pass the hell out!

The game was designed with fielders in close proximity to where they are supposed to be!

Five outfielders?

A rover?

It’s cost players 100 points on their batting averages. It’s turned the game into a strikeout or home run game.

I want to watch baseball again! 

Not home run derby!

C). Automate the umpires!

Gallo and Higgy were called out on check swings the other night.

Neither guy swung.

Angel Hernandez and Joe West needed seeing eye dogs!

Guys calling balls off the plate strikes and ‘batters needing to adjust’ is horseshit!

Aaron Judge, who is 9’ tall, got called out on strikes at the top of his shoes about 80 times!

He couldn’t have hit it with a canoe paddle!

It’s 2021!

They’re throwing 104 mph.

Fat, old bastards can’t see it!

We have lasers and satellites - we should be able to figure it out.

D). Universal DH!

I don’t ever want to see a pitcher bat.

It’s stupid.

They have as much of a chance at hitting a ball as I do.

Want more offense?

Stop making pitchers stand there flailing at pitches in the dirt! 

We have Gary Sanchez for that!

E). My final idea:

Borrow from kickball!

4 fouls and you’re out!

Guy the other night fouled off a dozen.

His freaking AB lasted 15 minutes.

Then he walked.

Who has time for that????

The Yankees didn’t win the World Series.

They did win 92 games and they made the one-game playoff (I hate that too).

That’s not good enough, but they will be back. They have been in the battle for 30 straight years.

I just hope that it’s more fun to watch next year..

…I don’t want to have to get interested in football!

(That would be truly boring).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie