43 Years Later: Yankees/Red Sox

What a long, strange season it’s been.

Someone asked me yesterday if I thought the Yankees would win.

Much like in 1978, I have no idea.

Back then the Yankees were throwing the eventual Cy Young, Ron Guidry against a former Yankee, Mike Torrez.

Today the Yankees may be throwing this year’s Cy Young, Gerrit Cole against a former Yankee, Nate Eovaldi.

The ‘78 team had Reggie and Munson.

This team has Judge and Stanton.

Reggie came up big, but Bucky Dent got a new middle name by hitting a 3-run homer.

I think the Yankees will win, but I always think that.

I’m an optimistic fan, but this team can score 10 or get just 2 hits.

I have no idea why!

Cole was brought in to pitch these big games. Pitching hasn’t been the problem all year.

Will there be a Bucky F****ng Dent in this game?

Maybe.

If there is, I have a prediction:

Rougned Odor.

I think he hits a big home run and the Yankees survive and advance:

Yankees 6 Red Sox 4

Book it!

1978 all over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie