Friday

It seems to take a month for Friday to arrive.

I had a really early start on Thursday and after doing my Ace Ventura morning dance with two dogs who hate one another and a cat who insists on going outside, I started the car and couldn’t believe that there was a sheet of ice on the windshield.

Then the guy who sets our tee time each week sent a text that said:

“I can’t believe that I didn’t set a time for this weekend.”

I wrote back:

“That’s bullshit!”

But…

…back to Friday.

The five-day work week can be eternal some weeks.

I had a couple of long training sessions and a few big jobs that spent more time than usual.

“Monday when the foreman calls time, I already got Friday on my mind.”

And it’s a better than an ordinary Friday because it’s pay day.

“The eagle shits today,” an old laborer partner used to say about pay days.

Through my 20’s and 30’s I would run off the job and head to happy hour.

“You stopping for one?”

That often turned into way more than one.

Now?

“Hopefully it’s a quiet weekend,” is often the rallying cry.

The Bills have a home game.

Halloween…

…which means little anymore.

We haven’t had a trick-or-treater knock on our door in years.

But let’s not worry about that right now!

‘Cause it’s Friday!

Time to celebrate…

…sleep, a movie or two, and staring at my golf clubs as ice forms all around.

It’ll be Monday before we know it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie