Bee Sting

I never worried about getting stung by a bee. As kids we got stung a dozen times a summer. 

The initial sting sucked, but we’d rub a little mud on it.

A few years back, I was on a job site with a guy and as we walked along, he got stung.

Ten minutes later he looked like the dude from The Mask.

It turned into a medical emergency for him, but he was fortunate that I was with him to laugh my ass off, and make him laugh as well.

He got a shot to clear it all up pretty quickly.

I recall telling him that getting stung never bothered me.

Then I got stung in the hand a couple of summers ago, and it hurt like hell.

Went to bed and woke up with a catcher’s mitt for a left hand.

The doc gave me a steroid packet and in a day it was all good.

This week, I got stung again and the swelling in my hand was quick.

Itched like hell.

Called the doc.

“We don’t like to give out the steroid packet for bee stings. Try Benadryl.”

It hasn’t worked.

Maybe I need to go back to mud.

And why?

Why wouldn’t they prescribe the steroid pack?

Did it work too fast?

Stupid bees.

God is punishing me for laughing at my buddy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie