Bills Versus Chiefs

Back in the 1990’s when the Bills were the toast of the AFC they would venture into Kansas City for a Monday night game and get their asses kicked.

I distinctly recall Jim Kelly getting body slammed a half dozen times.

The last AFC Championship game the Bills won was over the Chiefs - Joe Montana got body slammed to the stadium turf.

I was there.

Now, it’s Buffalo versus Kansas City again as the class of the AFC

Weirdly, I began visiting KC and I truly enjoy the city.

Good food, traffic is easy, the stadiums are in a cool spot and while I haven’t seen a Chiefs game (football game atmosphere isn’t my thing), I have seen plenty of Royals games and their fans are cordial.

More weirdly, I was on my way to Kansas City when the Bills played them last year in the AFC title game.

Then I listened to their players act like big shots as they talked down my buddy Tom Brady.

I was happy they got slammed in the super bowl.

Tonight they play again.

Not sure what to think.

Bills fans have made the trip.

I’m making it on Monday.

I’ll either give or get some smack about it.

It’ll be the topic of conversation as I eat a slab of ribs somewhere.

Bills 31 Chiefs 17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie