Oh My Aching Ass

I did it!

Took 3 consecutive days off of work - 5 if you count the weekend.

Golfed on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday with a trip to visit Mom - Paris went along and made Mom’s day by giving her a kiss. 

Paris is the best!

I even stayed awake for the Bills game!

And I really drove the ball well - 54 drives off the tee and at least 52 of those drives hit the short grass or landed on the green.

No magical rounds though because of the crappy chipping and putting stuff.

I woke up sore on Tuesday. My hip, low back and aching ass!

Pushed through and played again.

The thing about life is that it is so hard to just set everything aside and relax. I have been so conditioned to work that I feel guilty whenever I’m not on the job.

It shouldn’t be that way, and I’m happy that my kids don’t have that warped work ethic.

Many millions of Americans are in the same boat…

…work, work, work.

At least I don’t have to work 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet.

I’m also fairly optimistic that I will be able to retire someday and be able to eat.

I know a lot of guys who will work until they are planted in the ground.

But right now?

I need to get back to work and stop swinging a club.

My aching ass will thank me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie