Meat! 🥩

There’s been a real battle in the cattle business since the start of the pandemic.

I know a farmer and they were telling me that taking the cattle to market was a true hassle. As a matter of fact, the butcher that I often visit was not in the business of handling it anymore so to get my half a side of beef this year I had to go to Rochester.

I’d go to the moon to get the good beef, but, not wanting to burn half a Saturday I found out that I could make it to the meat market following work on Friday.

It was a nice leisurely drive there.

I only spent 10 minutes at the place and they loaded me up with 8 boxes of hamburger, roasts, steaks and stew meat.

The freezer is packed!

And I immediately began plotting my porterhouse for Saturday night’s dinner.

The map on my GPS was showing 50 miles. It was flashing a 90 minute ride.

90 minutes for 50 miles?

I was traveling at 74 mph.

“What’s up with that?”

I saw a sign:

“Traffic delays beyond exit 49.”

A minute later and I was now traveling at 8 mph.

Decided to get off at Transit and man, that was dumb!

I was working on trying to figure out how to gnaw on a frozen steak.

Took me 80 minutes to go 30 miles!

And then, a torrential downpour.

“Where are you?” Kathy asked.

“I feel like I’m stuck in a bad movie.”

There’s a happy ending.

I ate a huge porterhouse.

So did the boys.

The freezer is full for the winter.

Was worth the trip!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie