Would I?

We’ve been watching the show, Broadchurch, which is a drama from the other side of the pond.

It’s a good show. The plot moves along nicely, but the accents are rough. I often miss dialogue, asking, “What did he say?”

Kathy often responds with, “I have no idea.”

So we have to rewind it.

They also use the accent when they say the word ‘can’t’ and I absolutely make a comment there.

Yet, it’s the phrasing that gets to me. There’s one character who was being questioned by the police and he ended every sentence with:

“Why would I?”

I responded with:

“Wood eye!”

After doing it three times Kathy said:

“27 years of you yelling wood eye!”

And of course, it’s a reference to one of my all-time favorite jokes.

A shy guy who lost his right eye in an industrial accident is trying to date, but he’s too self-conscious about his missing eye. 

He goes to the local dance and stands against the wall all night, working up his nerve to ask the pretty girl to dance.

He finally does it...wandering over and stuttering out his request.

“Would you like to dance?”

She says:

“Would I!”

He yells, “Big ears!”

Great joke...

...but I understand Kathy’s aggravation with it.

Of course, every time I yell out to mimic the actor:

“Would I?”

She responds with:

“Big ears!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie