Tiger’s Crash

The crash happened at 7:00 in the morning on a stretch of road where speed can be a major factor.

They preliminary information being that it was simply an accident and that there wasn’t drinking involved.

His legs are a mess as is his ankle.

So many people wondering if he’ll ever play competitive golf again.

He was rehabbing after his fifth back surgery and now his legs have been smashed.

I enjoyed watching Tiger play. Every tournament was different if he was in the running. I would bet on him and give my buddy the field. I’d win too.

A dozen or so years ago it was a given that Tiger would win more majors than Jack.

Tiger has won 15.

If he were to win a 16th it would be the greatest sports story in history.

He’s 45 years old. 

They say that he has the body of a 75-year old.

And it was just a couple of weeks ago that I watched the documentary that chronicled Tiger’s rise and fall.

Then I watched his son play a couple of holes, red shirt and fist pump and all.

Even before the crash it kind of dawned on me that Tiger didn’t have to win another tournament.

About a half a billion in the bank, a legacy as the greatest golfer ever, and kids who love him.

Before the crash I also wondered why anyone would go through a fifth back operation.

“He’ll be back and he’ll win the 2023 Masters,” one caller said on the sports show I was listening to.

I would take that bet.

I think we have seen the last of Tiger on the pro tour...

...and I’m all right with that.

Hopefully his boy can someday swing it...

...and Tiger can play just enough to help him.

Oh.

He should probably hire a driver as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie