The Next Show

It’s been nearly a damn year since the start of the pandemic.

Everyone has worked television to a nub, and it’s amazing, but there are so many great shows.

Which has led to a competition of sorts to find the next great series.

We are scouring Twitter feeds and Facebook posts to capture what we will burn through as we discuss things we used to like to do before the freaking virus.

Kathy found Broadchurch which was good and had 3 seasons.

It was easy to follow with a fast-moving plot line.

That’s key because I often read or write as we’re watching, and Kathy plays Candy Crush, and often misses what the hell is going on.

“Cardinal!” I yelled out as we watched a movie.

It’s a series about a detective and they say it’s a little like Bosch.

We loved Bosch.

So, we put it on and there was a huge reveal at the end of episode one.

“Did you follow that?” I asked.

I knew she wasn’t paying attention at all.

“Yeah,” she said. “The woman detective is supposed to be investigating Cardinal, but she doesn’t believe it.”

“Where in the hell are you getting that impression?” I asked.

“Why?”

“Because that’s the exact opposite of what’s happening.”

“You’re wrong,” she said.

“Rewind it,” I said.

“I’m not wrong,” she insisted.

“Then play it back.”

She stated her case again, and I laughed.

“What?”

“Not even close!”

So, we had the great rewind.

This time, Kathy was at full attention.

I was EXACTLY right in the analysis.

Now anyone who has had a marriage that has lasted longer more than 20 years is well aware of what is NOT coming next.

An acknowledgment of being WRONG.

Kathy immediately started episode 2.

I waited.

She knew that I WOULDN’T simply let it pass.

“So what happened there?” I asked.

“I was right and you were wrong,” she said.

I laughed.

I HADN’T expected anything different.

Waited a bit.

“So, who found this show?”

“Shut-up and watch.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie