Super Bowl Squares

I can’t imagine watching a Super Bowl without at least having a chance on a square here or there.

Last year, I only had one. A small one.

I made up for it this year as I have 3 boards and one is a good one.

I don’t bet the score or the coin flip or the length of the anthem. I just want to have a chance!

And it’s always been fun, but it’s even more fun when we win.

The big win happened in a Patriots win. Our numbers for that game were 2 & 9.

Jeff and I had split the squares we got and that particular square was purchased after we had exceeded our budget.

We split a great prize. 

But the one I lost is the one that I really remember.

It was the Oakland-Tampa Bay game and if you remember, the game was well in hand when Oakland got the ball for the last time.

They had zero chance!

But they were trying to score...

...when I had the numbers for $5 grand!

And then...

Rich Gannon threw an interception.

“YES!” I screamed. “GAME OVER!”

But...

But...

But...

No one bothered tackling the guy who made the pick.

He took it all the way.

Changing the score.

I was writing checks on that money!

It was gone!!

Rich Gannon didn’t even try to stop the guy.

My kids laugh, every time I say:

“If I ever see Rich Gannon I’m just gonna’ punch him.”

Five grand!

I have good numbers this weekend!

Wish me luck!!







L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie