A Break???

I’ve had a truly open faucet when it comes to doing new stories.

In November I began work on a story about the softball team I played on as I grew to be an adult.

The Barking Lions.

Started it around Thanksgiving while also working on a non-fiction book.

I finished the first draft on Sunday morning, writing about 50 pages between Saturday and Sunday.

A wild ride.

I’ve never written anything that long that quickly, and I must say, it’s a beautiful story.

Nearly everyone I know and love is in the book. I didn’t even change their names, but the beauty of the story is that it’s a mix of fiction and non-fiction.

The people who were there will know what’s true.

One of my buddies and probably my longest friend has read along - I didn’t send him the ending - and like me he felt a profound sadness as we both figured out that we were nearing the end.

An emotional roller coaster.

Two months.

70,000 words.

Now, I’m going to do the real work of editing and working with my talented artist to get some of this out the door.

“I need a break,” I told another buddy.

“Your writing IS your break,” he said.

But I am going to try and set it aside.

For as long as I can.

There are four books in the can.

I like them all.

Hope the readers do too...

...see ya’ soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie