Shocker!

I got the news alert on my phone:

“Bruce Springsteen arrested for DWI.”

What???

He’s been in the public eye for 50 years! He’s spoken openly about his depression, and how he had a hard and steadfast rule for the band - no drugs! 

Drinking to not interfere with the band!

Now, the report is just a TMZ story, and make no mistake, there’s no excuse for getting behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking.

A lifetime ago, I’d certainly been there. Crazily, when I was young and dumb, drinking and driving around was a night out.

Thankfully, laws have been enforced to curtail that crazy risk-taking behavior.

I often think about an interview that Bruce did about a decade ago. He told the interviewer to not make him look like a saint because he certainly isn’t one.

In his autobiography he openly spoke about his deep depression.

And it’s weird to think that someone who brought joy to so many through all the years suffers with such mental difficulties.

I had a couple of instant thoughts:

“Oh man, you can’t do that.”

And.

“I hope it isn’t an indication of that mind-numbing depression.”

The circumstances of it didn’t truly matter, but later in the evening a clarification came out:

“Springsteen blew a .02...which is a quarter of the legal limit.

Which is one beer!

Maybe.

And my mind immediately went to the commercial that aired during the Super Bowl.

It wasn’t divisive but apparently it rubbed someone the wrong way because that story was released to drag his good name through the mud.

The story went on to say that in 50 years he’d had not even a parking ticket.

Damn 

Cruel world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie