Three Weeks In


And I still hate February.

“You’ve said that every day this month,” Kathy mentioned.

“It hasn’t proven me wrong.”

The coming snow reports started on Thursday. I read 8” to 12” and opened the curtain to see snow flying on Saturday morning.

But we were doing okay. The lake effect mess was just a little south of us.

It’s funny, but when you’re in a snowstorm and it just misses you, you see a lot of the bellyaching coming from people less than 19 miles away.

My buddy JC was crabbing about 30”. My brother John, who lives about 12 miles away, was talking 4’.

He posted a few photos of all the snow on his roof.

Then I popped out to see my Mom on Sunday morning.

I made my way through her back yard. It was up to my mid-thigh.

I used a club to knock off some icicles off the back of the house so the dog didn’t get impaled.

One of the icicles looked more like an iceberg.

The roads were snow packed and icy.

Halfway home, I was waved down by a young lady who was trying to stop me from moving ahead.

I pulled over believing that she was trying to flag down her dog.

Instead, a huge pig came rumbling down the middle of the road.

I laughed.

The pig had a worried look on his face.

I snapped the photo.

And laughed.

The pig has been the highlight of February so far!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie