Slow News Day?

Will there ever be such a day again?

Ever since there’s been a change in administration I have drifted away from all-news-all-the-time.

I’ve listened to Dan Patrick talk about sports - he’s the absolute best.

I’ve gone back to Howard Stern and I have to admit that he made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

I’ve listened to music.

The thing about music is that it can magically transport you to another place and time. I heard Men At Work singing ‘Who Can it be Now?’ and I was back in the car with Jeff Renaldo. The music blasting on a summer day after golf when we were 19 years old.

I’ve only kept an eye 👁 on the news. 

I feel less like the whole world can blow up now.

“We have major breaking news,” the anchor said.

And there was Tiger Woods’ car.

Again.

I’d recently watched the documentary on Tiger and I felt badly for him.

Yeah.

I pitied a famous, successful billionaire who can hit a wedge 175 yards.

This will be in the news for awhile. How did he crash the car? Was there something in his system? Will he golf again? 

Now, of course, I’m hoping he’s okay and that his kids will have a father going forward.

He doesn’t really need to hit a golf ball again.

Yet, Tiger also took the lens off the fact that 500,000 people have lost their life to Covid-19.

That’s a sad, sad number, and the fact that I’ve personally known of  six people who’ve lost their lives.

Sad.

Yet, Tiger also took the news media away from the hearings regarding the Capitol attack.

Some of these senators have a lot of gall in talking about the failures of the police or National Guard.

One of them even tried to say that the people who ransacked the Capitol and smeared feces on the walls were in a festive mood and weren’t fans of the former guy.

The day before, that obese guy who went to Cancun for 12 hours, questioned the next Attorney General and cautioned him about being a lap dog for the new president.

He skipped over the 4 years where the AG worked as the former guys personal lawyer.

That same senator also railed against deregulation in Texas, which sounds reasonable, but he was the guy who was all for deregulation and as soon as the crisis passes...

...he’ll be for it again.

I am waiting for a true slow news day.

Probably won’t be tomorrow.

I may not be listening, but I am hopeful that Tiger recovers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie