Under Water

Had a vivid dream the other night. 

I was driving along Route 5 near the water when a white-out storm whipped up...I couldn’t see anything and even though I put on my hazard lights I was worried about being struck from behind...

...and I was.

I worried about being pushed towards the lake and then there was water rushing into the car.

I was startled awake.

Actually sat straight up and Miller came by and screamed up at me. That damn cat is like a siren.

I was glad to be alive.

Checked the time on my phone:

02:14.

Still had about 4 hours left to sleep.

Yet, I thought about the old adage that you can’t die in your dreams.

I find that to be true, but vivid dreams fascinate me. I have a lot of them. I’m a very vivid dreamer and the crazy, nonsensical ones stick with me.

Four hours later I got out of bed and went outside.

It was snowing pretty hard.

Was bitter cold.

I had a long drive ahead of me.

The client called:

“If you can’t make it I’d understand,” he said. “It’s snowing pretty good here by the lake.”

I snapped back into the dream.

A watery grave!

“Nah, I’m coming.”

Thankfully no white out conditions...

...made it home and back.

Ready for bed.

And dreaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie