Always & Forever

Every night is movie night nowadays!

We were struggling to find a movie on Friday night. It was my pick and I went with “Wander” a Tommy Lee Jones movie that looked all right in the trailer.

It wasn’t.

It was one of those movies that started in the middle and then flash backed and then moved forward in time and then back to the middle.

Way too confusing for people who are watching and working their phones at the same time.

“Who the hell is that guy?” Kathy asked as the MAIN character ambled across the screen without about six minutes left.

I wasn’t going to try and explain.

Cut to Saturday night...

...her turn to pick. We watched the trailer for something called, “Always and Forever.”

Wasn’t a bad plot - a man stalks and one-by-one kills 4 women who taunted him by calling him Piggy Pete back at summer camp.

The first “Oh My God” moment came after a woman caught her husband cheating.

She forgave him one scene later after he showed her two flash cards that said, “I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”

“Don’t ever do it again,” she said.

“Never, baby.”

It got WAY, WAY, WAY worse from there.

I’m going to spoil it because I don’t want you to ever rent the movie.

Turned out the guy stalking the girl was the husband! They were married for four years! She didn’t figure out he was Piggy Pete until be drugged her on their wedding anniversary.

I said:

“My God! I’ve written so many better stories than this!”

Kathy talked about a couple of questions that she had as thankfully the wife vanquished Piggy Pete.

“How did she not recognize him, and why did he wait until their fourth wedding anniversary to enact his revenge plot?”

The acting was horrible.

The writing was atrocious.

“I hope they all die in a asteroid strike ☄️,” I mentioned.

But as luck might have it...

...we were back in front of the television on Sunday 

(Oh, and how amazing were those football games? Cleveland and New England led by 30 points for most of both games).

It was my pick:

I went with “Rusty Creek”

It didn’t suck!

Netflix.

So, scorecard:

“Wander” - bad!

“Always & Forever” - horrendous!

“Rusty Creek” - you’re welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie