Twenty-Mudder-Freaking-Twenty

Saw a Twitter poll that asked respondents to evaluate 2020.

85% said it was the worst year ever.

10% had something positive to say.

5% said that it was the greatest year ever. 

(That must be the politicians and the billionaires that stole piles of money).

For me, 2020 started in the best possible way. I went on a golf trip with some great friends and standing in the fairway in 80-degree temps, I remember thinking, “What a great way to start the year.”

Three weeks later, the entire country was aflame.

It’s been so weird.

So tragic.

We lost my mother-in-law and then my sister-in-law.

Horrible losses that have hung like a cloud over all of this.

Work was uneven. I wrote a lot on the weekends and at night because I spent a lot of time just sitting here!

I golfed better this year than I have since I was 18 years old. I shared nearly every Sunday morning with 3 buddies and I treated them to shots down the middle of the fairway, and it went further than ever.

Bruce released a great record and that helped me immensely, but I miss watching them perform.

The Bills are great. The Yankees lost in a really weird baseball season.

Then more tragedy as Melky couldn’t get through the month of November.

I’ll miss that dog forever.

But we got Miller! He has definitely made us smile...

...and we need to because the news was so sour all year.

Our government failed us and it’s going to take a long, long, long time to survive the incompetence, the lying and the complete failing of morality.

I don’t have a whole lot of faith in 2021 changing anyone’s luck very quickly. There’s too much virus in the air.

We may continue to suffer awhile longer.

But there’s hope.

Hope is good.

Happy New Year!

Good riddance to 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie