AFC East Champs

The Buffalo Bills won the AFC East for the first time since 1995, and even though we all knew it was possible once Tom Brady left, it’s still really weird to me.

I was at the last playoff game the Bills won.

Who could’ve possibly predicted that it would take a quarter of a century for them to get back to good?

(Now I’m assuming that they will end their playoff win drought...but who knows?)

The game yesterday afternoon was never in doubt. 

The Bills have a high-flying offense, a decent defense, good coaching, and a special something.

And it’s still weird!

I can’t get into it!

What cost me during the game yesterday was the constant love of every player. The color announcer was throwing out the words:

“Courageous”, “Brave”, “Brilliant”, “Courageous” (again), and on and on and on.

There was a play where the wide receiver fell to the ground and caught the ball.

“Check the brilliance with that move. He laid it all on the line and showed immense dedication and desire to pull that in. He sacrificed it all for the good of the team. It was a brave effort.”

He caught a ball!

And I’m not being a party-pooper.

I’m genuinely excited for the city, my boys and everyone else who is emotionally invested.

I’m just left to wonder what has happened to my fandom!

Know what the first thing I thought about when the ball cleared the wall and the Yankees lost to the Rays?

“I’ll be able to sleep.”

I’m hoping that the pandemic and all the garbage of 2020 are the reasons why I haven’t gone overboard with excitement yet.

Twenty-five years ago me and my buddy Jeff said that if the Bills actually won the super bowl we’d run through town naked.

Thankfully, we aren’t talking about that this time.

Because this Bills team is going to ACTUALLY win it all.

And it all seems so weird.

Go Bills?

So courageous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie