Lizzie Borden

Wasn’t a whole lot of movement yesterday. Not sure how much snow we got.

I stopped counting.

I did dig my car out. The boys weren’t around so it was all on me and I was tossing the snow.

My older neighbor popped over and I stopped to chat.

“You aren’t even breathing hard,” he said. “You aren’t a spring chicken anymore.”

I laughed.

Went in and out heat on my back...

...and we watched a lot of television that concluded with the Lizzie Borden cold case from 1892.

I never knew she was acquitted!

Like Orenthal, the crime kind of stuck to her. As the show began my beautiful wife actually sang the Lizzie Borden song. 

(You haven’t lived until you’ve heard a member of the Foutz family sing).

Yet, what fascinated me about the show was the glimpse I got of how people lived back in 1892.

I love that!

I need to check out more museums.

They showed the newspaper clippings, and the interior of the Borden home. 

Reporters turned phrases differently.

People lived with the comforts allowed by that time period. 

Of course, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Greed and violence and a somewhat shaky decision in a court of law.

128 years later they re-tried the case in front of 12 jurors.

It was pretty well done.

I don’t think Lizzie cared much.

She’s been gone for a long while.

At least she ain’t dealing with snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie