Christmas 2020

Like many other families we are thinking about how a 2020 Christmas plays out.

And there’s a true push for people in the family who want to get together.

Covid-19 be damned!

I’m just not in that camp.

I think about my Mom and my father-in-law.

I don’t want this to be their last Christmas.

It’s that simple, and with the vaccines being bandied about, well, there’s time to celebrate all sorts of things after we’re finally done with this.

I do see the other side. It’s been a long, lonely year for a lot of people.

Yet there are also 300,000 deaths by Christmas time.

That’s a whole lot of empty chairs.

The sadness will extend a little longer. The thing is, it didn’t have to be this way.

No way we should be where we are now.

Had we paid attention to the plan back in May, and not turned it into a political battle it would’ve been much more controlled.

But here we are, and so far, there have been losses on the fringes of our community.

A mistake in thought here can cost a family member.

I love Christmas too...

...but not THAT much.

Wait it out...

...God will understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie