Just Can’t Do It

Had four straight days off, and I also promised that I would spend the day, Monday, with Kathy because I didn’t take any freaking vacation days this year.

Earlier in the day, we had discussed my eventual retirement. We were doing this because I noticed that Trump was golfing for the 4th straight day.

“Not doing anything but golf sounds good,” I said.

“You’d never be able to do that,” Kathy responded.

Now, I’m not sure I can handle four straight, but maybe if I had as little to do as the president I could.

“I could golf, get a massage and lay in bed until the next round,” I said.

Cut to Monday.

The day I was supposed to just relax and enjoy the time off.

I was climbing the walls.

We passed a job site and I slowed down to look.

In the afternoon we went to the doctors for our annual physicals.

I haven’t been there since 2016.

“In general, besides your leg problems how do you feel?” The doctor asked.

“All right,” I said.

“All right?”

“I haven’t felt SUPER since about 1980,” I said. “But here I am.”

“He’s mad cause he’s not working,” Kathy said.

And yeah before you ask we had a couples physical.

“Everything seems to be in order,” the doctor said. “When do you get to go back to work?”

“Tomorrow,” I said.

And I honestly can’t wait.

If I can’t golf why would I take a day?

Retirement just might be quite a ways off.

“Why don’t you try to relax?” Kathy asked.

“This IS me TRYING!”

Back to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie