Prime Time Bills

Last week the Bills won their first Monday Night Game in more than 20 years.

I made it to halftime.

Last night they played the Sunday Night Game exactly 1.6 miles from my home.

Again, I cut it off at halftime.

The Bills have about a 90% chance of winning their first division title since 1995.

I was crazy into it back then and would’ve certainly watched every second of the games back then. I used to get Bruce-bumps during the playing of the song leading up to the first snap of the game.

(We don’t get goosebumps here...they’re Bruce bumps).

Anywhoha...

...I posed a hypothetical to all members of the family.

“Bills are in the Super Bowl and they’re trailing by 2 with 2 seconds on the clock. They make it they win the super bowl. They miss it and you have the winning numbers on a $10,000 square. What do you root for?”

Sam and Jake immediately said:

“Make the kick.”

Kathy’s answer was also immediate:

“I’m taking the ten g’s. Try again next year.”

So, I made it a little more interesting.

“Same deal, but they miss the kick and the Bills lose but you win $100 grand.”

Jake and Sam stayed with their pick.

Given the choice they’d give up the $100,000 to see the Bills win a super bowl.

“That’s crazy,” I said. “You gotta’ take the money. What do you get if the Bills win? Nothing!”

“What about you?” They asked.

“I’d take a grand instead,” I said.

“What if it’s the Yankees?” Jake asked.

“Ten grand or Yankees win the series?” Sam asked.

I hesitated.

“Oh! That’s stupid! What does it mean to you if the Yankees win???”

TouchΓ© 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie