A Pet Update

Man, I miss Melky.

Yesterday I was going to get the paper with Paris in her spot in the backseat (she refuses to move into Melky’s spot in the front) and I drove past my neighbor who walks her dog Ozzy every morning. Ozzy is a huge dog who was once on the wrong end of a Melky body block. Anyway, she flagged me down.

“I’m afraid to ask where Melky is,” she said.

I shook my head. “She was 15.”

“Ohhh, I’m so sorry.”

“Well, Paris is still looking for her ride and we have a cat now too.”

“How fun!”

And there’s an update. 

Paris and Miller have both moved into my room. Paris sleeps beside me in the bed - Melky’s spot - and Miller sleeps in my office chair...

...sometimes!

Miller actually roams the house, from room to room, and if anyone is sleeping...

...he goes off!

I heard Jake at 1:15 a.m., scream:

“Get this damn cat out of here!”

Miller also knows what time everyone is supposed to be awake.

At 5:49 a.m., Miller struts into the room and screams:

“Let’s f***ing go!!!”

I have successfully trained a cat to get into a routine.

He goes outside with Paris.

He waits at the boney barrel and he currently is asleep on the couch...

...in Melky’s old spot.

But, I can tell that Paris is down in the dumps.

Poor Pair-Pair misses her buddy.

So do I.

“We need a new dog,” I said.

Kathy showed me a photo of about a 6-pound dog.

“Uh-no.”

I want a big dog.

But it’s kinda’ nice to only have two animals in my room and not three.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie