Christmas Prep

Why shouldn’t the lead up to Christmas in 2020 be weird?

Fits the year.

We have the tree up and decorated. Presents have been purchased, I think. Most have come by way of packages left on the stoop.

There are precious few other plans.

Looks like a repeat of Thanksgiving.

So, I asked about the menu.

“Same as Thanksgiving,” I was told.

And I’m excited about that because I have all the stuff required for the stuffing.

Hoping to not make it and eat the entire pan before we actually need it next week.

But not a whole lot of excitement.

Heard that an American dies every 36 seconds these days. Covid is ripping through my small home town and taking out parents of people I know.

No end in sight.

Russia appears to have infiltrated pentagon files and the worst part?

They appeared to have been in the files since March and no one figured it out until this week. Once it was discovered, no one had a bad word to say about it.

As for relief.

Now the Senate GOP is back to being concerned about the deficit.

Spent a trillion plus on a tax cut for corporations that was gonna’ trickle down.

Ah well.

This is Christmas time!

Let’s all get excited.

And I guess that sooner or later I’ll get around to thinking about the true meaning of Christmas and I’m sure we’ll find a way to laugh a little...

...but man, these are trying times. 

Let’s just battle through the holidays and get straight to martial law or the coup or whatever the hell is going on.

Thought the drama was over.

Guess not!

🎶 🎼 🎵 Simply having a wonderful Christmas time. 🎵 🎶 🎼 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie