Valentine’s Day Love

My beautiful wife likes coffee crisp candy bars.

I stop into a deli downtown where they have them right there by the register. I always grab a few for her.

She also likes the mini $100,000 Grand bars and the Dollar General has those for a buck a pack.

I toss those in the ‘fridge.

“What are you getting me for Valentine’s Day?” I asked the other day.

“Nothing,” Kathy answered.

“Isn’t that nice?”

A few minutes went by.

“What did you get me?” She asked.

“I always buy your favorite candy,” I said.

“So why do we need a stupid day?” She asked.

“So you buy me something,” I said.

“Well, you ain’t getting nothing.”

Perfect!

I don’t care, obviously. If I want a candy bar I’ll buy one, but I think about the Valentine’s Days of years gone by.

In 2nd grade I had a crush on a girl. I bought her a present.

She gave me the same thing Kathy is going to give me this year.

Nothing.

As a much older romantic I bought a more expensive for the girl who I crushed on in high school.

Yep.

Nothing.

I’ll keep trying, I suppose.

Will grab a few coffee crisps.

Watch my Valentine eat ‘em.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie