Free Meat!!!!

My siblings and I have always had a good time with the Daytona 500.

It goes back a whole lot of years.

Chuck, Jim & John (along with my Dad) were the big racing fans. Jeff and I used to make fun of it all.

“Mix in a right turn!”

“It’s all about the crashes!”

Yet, we watched and we usually bet.

Corinne joined the pro-race team a long time ago. She knows it well.

Last year, we all picked a driver.

Simple rules. Top two drivers got a free dinner courtesy of the bottom 2.

Me and Chuck lost...

...Corinne and John made sure that we paid up quickly.

We had a great time...

...ate 40 pounds of meat at a Brazilian steakhouse.

(That’s 40 pounds apiece).

“I got Harvick and Corinne has Logano,” Chuck texted on Saturday.

I hadn’t even studied yet!

“I’ll take Menard,” John said.

“I got Elliot,” Jim chimed in.

I found an article on a website. I was in trouble.

“Brad Keslowski is 8-1,” the article said.

I took him.

During the race, I was watching golf, but I had it on my phone, and then I changed over to the race. Everyone was bunched together.

“I owe dinner. I don’t owe dinner. I owe dinner.”

It was flip-flopping. They were down to 25 laps left.

My beautiful, ailing wife (she has a miserable bout of the flu) intervened.

She needed Tylenol and drinks. The caution flag was out.

“I’ll go now, be back for the end.”

As I waited at the checkout, my phone absolutely blew up.

“You’re out!” Chuck wrote. “He blew a tire.”

I was peeved! $100 down the drain. Plus they had bragging rights.

“Race is still on,” Kathy said.

“Doesn’t matter. My guy got bounced.”

“Good, put in the movie.”

I was following the text chain.

“You’re back in!” Chuck wrote.

I had no idea if they were yanking my chain or not. There had been a major crash. I went to the website and sure enough...

...my guy was back in...

...and 3 other drivers were out...

“Me and Corinne!” I wrote.

“Yeah, you eat free, fatso.”

That right there is a great sentence!

I eat free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie